About Me

My photo
Hi! Thanks for checking out my blog! I am a wife to a fantastic fellow and mother to 3 sweet boys. I teach grade 3 at Greenfield Elementary School. This course is providing me with so much information that I can incorporate into my class!

Monday 28 May 2012

Reflection for May 23rd

During class we were divided into groups to watch parts of the video "Misunderstood Minds".  Many of us as teachers have dealt with students who could fall into any of the categories mentioned in the video.  Part of the reason I took this course was because I know there are so many students out there who are misunderstood and I want to be able to give them the support that will allow them the freedom to express themselves and learn the best way they can.  Seeing the video and watching how students who are sometimes locked in their minds, unable to show educators everything they know struggle, makes it all the more important to me to learn things for myself that will help them.  Watching the frustration on both the parents' and students' faces when discussing how it feels to watch their child struggle or how they themselves struggle to make their message known is heartbreaking.  Sometimes it seems like we're spinning our wheels and nothing we try works. It was good to see the interventions that the students we watched were receiving had made such a big impact!  Seeing a powerful video like this one lets us know that all the hard work we put into our profession, even the work that sometimes stretches us beyond our current knowledge, is worth it!  Nicole, Karla, Dawn and I worked on this short power point which explains the sections of the video we watched.  See it above!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed exploring the Dr. J.M. Hughes site. It is user friendly. I especially enjoyed the info on the writing process!
    Thanks:) Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete