About Me

My photo
Hi! Thanks for checking out my blog! I am a wife to a fantastic fellow and mother to 3 sweet boys. I teach grade 3 at Greenfield Elementary School. This course is providing me with so much information that I can incorporate into my class!

Wednesday 30 May 2012

May 30th Our Frog Blog!

Look how far I've come baby!  Tonight's class gave us the opportunity to work as a group on one of two assignments.  Our group chose to do the grade 2 assignment of coming up with a blog to help our class learn about the life cycle of a frog.  It was great working with a group of people who were organized and on task - not to say previous groups were not, I've actually been really lucky this class!  I was amazed at how quickly our blog came together and at how much practical knowledge I've retained in how to organize a blog as well as search for things to put on the blog that would be of benefit to those in my class who need assistive technology.  (Didn't hurt to add to my level of knowledge about frogs either!) Looking at what we were able to produce in such a short amount of time really impressed me and makes me even more likely to venture out and try something like this on my own.  Before this course, I was unsure of most of the technology out there and really not sure of how I could ever integrate it into my everyday use.  Now, with assignments like this one, it seems so much more doable.  Check out this link to see what our group has come up with! http://tadpoleteachers.blogspot.ca/

 

3 comments:

  1. It's funny, Jenna, I said almost the same things about my group and how well we work together! We've been very lucky this course- great collaboration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great blog site Jenna! Really like the online frog dissection. I have used online dissections in my class to prepare students for actual dissections or for those that may not have the stomach to do the live dissection! Students just love them! Cute riddles too...needed a chuckle today!

      Delete
    2. Great Frog Blog group, lol.
      You blog is very informative. I too agree with what we have learned about the brain and how we learn to read. Extremely interesting.

      Delete